Scholarship thank you letters are greatly appreciated by scholarship donors and have a powerful impact on future scholarship generosity.
Winning scholarships shows that you are a class-act, with academic credentials and extracurricular commitments deemed worthy of free college cash.
So following up with a scholarship thank you letter cement your image with scholarship sponsors.
In this article, a guideline will be provided for you to follow, a sample letter will also be provided to give you a start.
How To Write A Scholarship Thank You Letter
First, you need to be sincere and genuine. You have to be yourself and not copy templates to illustrate how happy you are to your Donor.
You need to identify whether you are a college or high school benefactor in other to know the particular format to use while writing your letter.
Then follow the guidelines and tips to help you write the letter well. Every step is useful.
Make sure your letter is concise and not very lengthy.
Guidelines/Tips For Scholarship Thank You Letters
Below are very important guidelines to follow in crafting or writing a scholarship thank you letter to your sponsors.
- Mind you scholarship awards are academic awards. Therefore, grammar and spelling should be checked and corrected.
- Be genuine and sincere in the tone of your thank you letter.
- Show your personality. The formality remains, but you are now an appreciative recipient, rather than a prospective candidate. Try to relate how happy you are to have received the scholarship.
- Submit your letter in a business-type structure, typewritten on high-quality resume paper.
- Above all, convey your message of thanks clearly and somewhat concisely.
- Make sure to proofread the scholarship thank you later before sending it.
- Name the scholarship program by name. It is important for them to know which scholarships have the most influence.
Suggested Format (Standard Scholarship Thank You Letter)
City, State, ZIP
Mr. and Mrs. John Kennedy OR Kennedy Family Fund Members
c/o Foundation for Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd. #400NN
Muskegon, MI 49442
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy OR Kennedy Family Fund Members:
First paragraph: Introduce yourself (first–year, second-year, just graduated from
[Bla Bla bla] High School, etc.).
Second paragraph: Briefly describe any research/special programs or student
organizations in which you participate, work/leadership experience, etc. Include a
brief summary of your plans after graduation and/or transfer.
Closing paragraph: Thank the donor for the scholarship; tell them you
appreciate their generosity. Let them know what a difference this educational
opportunity makes for you/your family.
Medical School/Nursing Scholarship Thank You Letter Sample
How to write a medical school scholarship is the same approach as writing a standard scholarship thank you letter. Below is a sample.
Dear Scholarship Donor,
My lifelong dream of attending medical school is moving forward, thanks to generous educational scholarships like yours. Since being named one of the recipients of the __________________________ Scholarship, my dream is becoming a reality at ___________ College/University Medical School. The $_______ award gives me an opportunity to earn skills that will serve the medical community following graduation. Thank you personally for your generosity: Without scholarship patrons willing to support medical education, students such as myself would be unable to pursue advanced health care degrees.
Your scholarship will help me earn credentials in Pediatric Medicine, which requires special training and coursework. My passion for medicine is matched only by my love for children, so my decision to specialize in Pediatrics comes from the heart.
Once again, thank you for the vote of confidence and the medical school scholarship. I am committed to my education and to the health care field, and one step closer to becoming a doctor, thanks to your continued generosity and the _____________________ Scholarship.
Thank You For The Scholarship Quotes
Appreciation goes a long way for you and the Donor. These iconic quotes will remind you to stay humble and thankful for everything you have.
- “I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
- “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” – Unknown
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
High School Scholarship Thank you Letters Samples
For High School Students, The Scholarship Thank you Letter Sample is not that too different just that the Name of the School is clearly specified.