Do you have ambition to become a leader within your field of expertise, contributing to a global sustainable development? Then you might want to read more.
Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s level studies in Sweden.
Open for applications until 28 February
You get access to the SISGP online application portal at the end of this page.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions.
The Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Eligibility Criteria | Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals will be awarded based on the following eligibility conditions;
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes.
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- Master’s programmes: The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Travel grant of up to SEK 15,000 for the entire study period depending on your country of origin
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- How to Apply: Application for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals starts with application for a master’s programme at a Swedish University and then application for application for a Global Professionals scholarship for final evaluation and consideration.